Mesotherapy for acne treatments
Acne is a common skin problem that affects the pilosebaceous follicles. It is one of the most frequent esthetic and dermatological consultations, by both teenagers and adults which affects about 80% of people at some point in their life.That’s a good reason to stay up to date on acne protocols in your esthetic salon , as your patients are likely to need this service.
Here, we’re going to show you the most effective aesthetic protocol to fight against inflammatory acne and its scars, so keep reading.
Why does acne appear?
Acne occurs through the interplay of 4 main factors:
- Excess sebum production: which means a hyperactivity of sebaceous gland in the skin stimulated by factors such as (hormones, climate, medications, genetics, etc.).
- Hyperkeratinization: when the outer layer of the follicle is thickened (stratum corneum), the cells that have lost their nucleus become so cohesive and do not shed normally onto the skin surface, the result is comedonal acne and subsequent characteristics lesions of acne.
- Bacterial proliferation: there are bacteria that naturally live on our skin and as long as their number is limited, they do not cause any harm to our skin. However, when they grow excessively, they’re able to colonize the hair follicles, generating inflammatory papules, pustules, nodules and cysts.
- Inflammation: as a consequence of the factors described above, the skin becomes red and inflamed. Following this inflammation, the pustules are generated, which arise when the follicle wall explodes releasing lipids, fatty acids, corneocytes, bacteria and cell fragments or tissue.
Why Mesotherapy Treatment using Electroporation works for Acne?
Mesotherapy, as we said in the previous article “MESOTHERAPY FOR HAIR LOSS” is a technique that uses shots of vitamins, enzymes, hormones, and plant extracts for a variety of purposes.
Mesotherapy as you may already know, besides treating acne, is used to remove fat in areas like the stomach, thighs, buttocks, hips, legs, arms, and face, reduce cellulite, fade wrinkles and lines, tighten loose skin, recontour the body, lighten pigmented skin and treat alopecia.
The most developed technique uses an electroporation device (AKA virtual needle) or very fine needles (mesopen) to deliver a series of punctures into the skin to stimulate dermal cells. The idea behind mesotherapy is that it corrects underlying issues like poor circulation and inflammation that cause skin damage and aging.
When it comes to acne scars, this treatment is probably one of the best options, especially if combined with Mesotherapy.
Acne vulgaris can also be controlled using mesotherapy with electroporation because the device will promote the diffusion of ingredients that target the sebaceous glands and reduce sebum production, reinforces the skins defense system and stimulates the oxygen in the tissues which ultimately controls the bacterial activity which is the real cause of this skin condition. The results are mind-blowing because only after a few treatments patients see control of the lesions and a great scar reduction, The tiny needles of the mesopen work hand in hand with mesotherapy treatment, not only for acne scars but also for other skin conditions like fine lines & wrinkles, hyperpigmentation sun or age spots.
The procedure consists of stimulating collagen production with a specially designed electrical pen -Dermapen- at the same time, you will put the mesotherapy cocktail into the dermis, to make the microneedling procedure more effective you will apply the revitalization mesotherapy on the skin so that the rich and nutrient cocktail reaches the layers of the skin that need them most achieving the best result with this combo procedure.
The dermapen will prick your patient’s skin, creating micro holes, apply and fill those holes with the mesotherapy to boost the collagen production.
The two procedures combined together will speed up the skin recovery process. Studies conducted on 50 people show that microneedling combined with water led to 45.84% improvement for acne scars, while microneedling and mesotherapy improved this skin condition by 62.20%.
Also, there are studies conducted on mesotherapy and microneedling treatments for acne scars, and they show great acne scarring improvement and high patient satisfaction.
The number of treatments you need to do will vary from one person to another because large scars will take more time to heal and finally fade. Your patient will certainly need a few weeks of treatment to see real results, as the body needs time to produce collagen and elastin. It might take months to notice great improvement for prominent acne scars, but once you are done with your patient’s treatment, the result will be permanent.
Mesotherapy has been used for many years in aesthetics. Can be used to effectively treat the scarring that may come hand-in-hand with severe acne, by increasing collagen production in the area.
Mesotherapy is ideal for acne scars as it offers targeted wound repair and skin regeneration benefits, so that scars of all types can be treated, including:
- Ice-pick scars: Deep, narrow scars with a pitted appearance.
- Rolling scars: Wider depressions with edges that have a gradient.
- Boxcar scars: Wider depressions with edges that are more sharply defined.
- Atrophic scars: Flat and thin scars.
- Hypertrophic or keloid scars: Thicker, raised, lumpy scars.
While mesotherapy has brilliant results for acne scarring and other facial scars, we don’t recommend mesotherapy for active acne breakouts, as it can transfer bacteria to different areas of the face, causing further breakouts.
Cabin Acne Mesotherapy Protocol
This is a protocol that you can use in your cabin with the best products on the market that you can find on our website.
We also have constantly free and paid trainings where you can learn more and keep updated
We recommend at least 8 sessions to achieve effective results.
- Cleanse the face with Lecithin A
- Exfoliate with Glycoenzymatic Mask
- Apply Balance toner
- Apply Papain mask
- Perform extractions
- Stimulate skin with High Frequency
- Electroporate 1 ampoule of Equicomplex
- Apply Azulene mask
- Stimulate with blue LED light for 20 minutes
- Apply sunscreen
Home Acne Protocol
This phase is essential to obtain the best results and enhance the effects of the professional treatment. Recommend to your patients following a daily beauty routine to achieve a matte complexion and keep the skin healthy.
- Wash face with Lecithin A day and night.
- Apply Skin Dew toner
- Apply Pure Regulator Serum Gel on the T-zone
- Apply Balance Moisturizer all over the face
- Apply sunscreen
- In the evening, apply Salicylic Acid on the lesions punctually for a few minutes and remove
- Apply Vitis Mask and leave it on overnight
- Take Arum Fresh daily in the morning as a detox
- Take Arum DFS if it is inflammatory acne
Thank you for reading this far. Tell us on our social media @usa_prismatique what topics you would like to read about in our next article.
No comment yet, add your voice below!